Thursday, January 29, 2015

Elementals 29

   When the wind guide reaches the car it steadies itself in the trees. I go to the car and tell Tony "get in". He slides into the driver's side and I ride shotgun. I keep my eyes on the trees and watch the wind lead us north. We come to a fork in the road and Tony asks "what should we do?" I pause tracking the wind in the trees with all my senses. It appears to gather itself to one side and I say "take the right side". We are now heading east on a road that no one would know was there. I see what looks like a small farm house in the distance. The wind picks up speed and Tony presses the accelerator trying to keep up. 
    The breaks screech and I'm thrown forward thankfully my seatbelt stops me from going through the windshield. In front of me parked near the farmhouse is the rental car. "Bastard" I say to myself as I eye the car which has remained in perfect condition. "Now what?" Tony asks looking to me for direction. It's strange to me how our roles have changed. Now I'm the one teaching, leading the way. "First we get out of this car and hide. Someone is bound to have heard us making all that noise." We slip quietly out of the car and off of to the left of the house where the grass is overgrown and the tree line is thick. I decide that it must be rare for anyone to come out here and take care of the yard work. 
   "Where do you think they would have her?" Tony muses. I rub my sweaty palms on my jeans and say "likely inside being guarded. Mr. Flames has to have known we'd come for her." "I wonder what's she feeling. I hope she knows we'd never leave her behind."Tony says this with determination in his voice. I put a finger to my lips to quiet him. The back door of the farm house has opened and a group of people are walking out. Among them is a man dressed like walking flames and he's holding my Misha tightly by the arms as he pulls her along with him. She doesn't make a sound not even when her beautiful hazel eyes meet mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment