Monday, January 26, 2015

Elementals 26

      I have never felt heat like this before. My body seems to be burning from the inside out. I know that I will be able to create massive fireballs and flames that will instantly insinerate anything they touch. Tony streches next to me and shakes out his arms. When he's done he stands strong and tall and ready to drown the first man to come through the trees. 
      "This way." I hear someone say. The two men appear.  They stop moving forward once they lay eyes on us. "There you are?" The second one says. This time they do not negotiate. The first man who is shorter and husky leans one hand on a tree that begins to grow rapidly. The roots shoot out and before I have a chance to dodge they wrap themselves around my ankles. I see Tony staring at me in awe. He creates a stream of water and it jets towards our attackers. The roots continue wrapping themselves up my legs. A massive wind is blowing the stream of water back towards Tony.                    
    "Focus" I tell myself. I take my hands which are still free and grasp the roots. It takes only seconds for me to turn them to ash. When I'm free I run to Tony's side throwing fireballs at his attacker. The addition of the air from the wind makes the fireballs explode into a thick wall of fire between us. Our pursuers are trapped. I grab Tony's shirt and say "let's go." When we start jogging back towards the car I see that my hands have burned a small hole in Tony's shirt.
      I'm out of breath when we get back to the car. Tony's breath is steady and easy. I kick myself for not training enough. The car is just where we left it, sitting undisturbed. As Tony and I approach it I hear a quiet whimpering. We turn in the direction of the noise and see The man who looks like walking flames holding Misha to him with a knife at her throat. "Try anything and ..." He makes a gesture with the knife indicating that he'll cut her throat. "You wouldn't dare." Tony growls at him. "Oh I would. Not everyone believes she is so special and if she is, why should she be allowed to be so powerful?" He presses the knife into her neck and I see a pindrop of blood form there. Tears roll down my Misha's cheeks but she does not call out to me. 
   The walking flames jiggles the key I'd given Misha from his free hand. Tony and I stand frozen watching in horror. "Good don't move. Now me and the girl are going to get in the car and we're going to meet up with some friends of mine. Don't worry I'll keep her safe." He says this all with a menacing tone. Then he drags Misha along with him and into the driver's side of the car. I'm assuming so he doesn't have to walk around and we won't be able to do anything without hurting Misha in the process. He guns the engine and drives away. My heart shatters and my legs feel weak. Then everything goes Red.


No comments:

Post a Comment