Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Elementals 28

  We've been driving for over an hour and have yet to see any sign of the kidnapper. I'm starting to lose hope that we'll ever catch up to him this way. The night has fallen and the sky has turned jet black. We can only see the road because of the headlights. "Pull over." I order Tony. "What? Why?" He asks. "I want to try an intercession. It's something my mother taught me." Tony pulls the Homda over and I get out heading for the woods. I hear a beep and soon after footsteps behind me. "Had to lock the car. Don't want anyone stealing it." He jokes. I find a spot that is still close enough to the road that we can make out the outline of the car. 
    I sit on the soft ground that is slightly damp with evening moisture and cross my legs. I gesture to Tony for him to do the same. He struggles a bit getting his tall frame to the ground but after a minute or two he is sitting cross legged across from me. "Give me your hands." Tony stretches out his long arms then places his hands in mine. "We need to ask Mother Nature for a guide and we must ask God for protection." I say. "How?" Tony asks confusion on his face. "We put the feeling that yearning into our minds then into our powers." I explain to him. "Close your eyes and concentrate on that." I say. After Tony's eyes close and his face is marked by concentration I close my eyes too. "Great Mother and Holy Father we ask for your blessings." I murmur this then I dig deep and place all of my need to find Misha into my powers. As the heat creeps up my body I feel Tony let go of my hands. Every inch of me feels like it's burning even my eyes although they are shut. Still I concentrate until I feel the night air encircling me. 
      I calm myself with deep breaths and reign in the fire. When I open my eyes Tony is sitting in front of me his hands touching the ground on either side of him absorbing the water he must have created during our intercession. The air moves from around me and a light breeze brushes through the grass between us before moving in the direction of our car. "Follow it." I say feeling sure that we have been sent a wind guide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment