Monday, January 26, 2015

Elementals 27

       When the red fades to blue and the world comes back into focus I realize that I'm drenched. My hair and clothes are dripping and sticking to my body. Tony is standing in front of me with his hands out. He drops them when my gaze meets his eyes. "What the hell did you do that for?" I scream still a bit hysterical. "You needed to cool down and fast." He says looking anxious. 
      "We have to do something. We have to call Alex..." I start then trail off. It hits me again. I can't call Alexis. It's up to me and Tony to get Misha back, Tony rests a palm on each of my shoulders and says
"We can't call anyone for help. There is no one to call. We have to calm down and find transportation." I take a deep breath and nod my head yes. Tony grabs one of my hands and we head back to the main road.
    Once we make it to the main road I sit at where to road and the woods meet. My heart pounds in my chest as I try to fight the panic. "What now?" I ask. "Now I get us a ride." Tony replies. He walks up the road and and looks around. Tony squats down and places a hand on the road creating a thin layer of ice. 
    The next car to come up the road a blue Honda spins out followed by the next a gray corolla. I feel bad taking someone's car, but I need to get Misha back. Tony approaches the young man at the steering wheel of the blue Honda.  I can't quite see what Tony does but he helps the man out of the car and over to the gray corolla. A conversation takes place then the corolla drives away. Tony waves me over.
     I get in the car with Tony and he speeds away in the direction we saw the flaming man go. "How did you get the car ?" I ask. "Poor guy was pretty banged up. I told him that I would stay behind and call a tow truck. The guy in the second car drove him to the hospital" "You are a genius!" I say. "Now let's go get my baby back. We burn rubber leaving a cloud of smoke behind us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment