Saturday, July 26, 2014

This Single Lady's Life Part 6

Dating : what single people do to torture themselves in the hopes of finding love.

As a single lady I've always been annoyed by married people who say how much easier it is to be single or suggest that I would not like Marriage. Instantly I think if being married sucks so bad why aren't you meeting with a lawyer so you file for divorce?

I know the answer to my question. The answer is simple. It's because no matter how difficult being married is....dating is so much worse.

Date 1: After no luck with being set up by friends or randomly meeting people, I got a date through an online dating site. I talked on the phone with him at length. Due to our busy schedules it took to weeks to met. We met for a movie on a Monday evening as that was his day off. I immediately regretted not having asked a very important question. Do you smoke? He reeked of cigarettes. I have asthma and honestly just can not stand the smell. I spent my time watching the movie, holding my breath and trying to think of a tactful way to address the situation. So when the movie was over he gave me a hug and I asked him how often he smoked. He swore that it was rare and he had only smoked because he was nervous to meet me. We chatted a few times after the date how very we agreed that this was not going to work .
In hindsight I remembered that early he informed me he was going to the south of France for a vacation. He gave me the name of the city and had me Google it. The city just happened to be home of a very large nudist community. I somehow missed that red flag.

Check back soon for more from This Single Lady's Life. Comment, like and share.



No comments:

Post a Comment