Saturday, July 5, 2014

This Single Lady's Life Part 4

So if you've been reading my blog you know that at the ripe old age of 35 I decided to figure out why it is that I'm still single. I picked up a "love course " and began to take a look at my single life. Here is what I've discovered about myself so far. For years I have been engaged in what has been classified as The Hermit Dating pattern.

Here's what that means. I was too busy with school, then work and my internship then studying for my state exams etc. I kept myself so busy and focused on other things that by the end of the day I was exhausted and had no energy left for a social life or dating. I was basically hiding behind everything I had to do. What it boils down to is fear of trusting, fear of getting close to someone and fear of a broken heart.

I realized that I would use the "love will find you when you're not looking for it " saying as a crutch. One of the first things I had to ask myself on this new journey was "if I'm not looking how will I recognize it when love does come along?" So I took the first step and let a few one friends know what I'm up to. Then informed them that I'm open to blind dates. Then I returned to the dreaded online dating community!

Check back soon as there is much more to this single lady's life including all new experiences with online dating and the ways it has changed.

Don't forget to like, share and comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment