Saturday, July 12, 2014

This Single Lady's Life Part 5

This year many of my friends either got married or had babies. As a single lady who values family I have been happy to share in their joy, but also a bit worried for myself. I have begun to wonder why it is that I am still single.

I began completing the homework assignments as part of my love course. I took a look back at my dating history, then identified my negative dating patterns. I have informed friends and coworkers that I am looking and open to being setup. Unfortunately the majority of my friends are in relationships and as such have lost contact with many of their single friends. My single friends well let's just say I have yet to be setup with anyone.

I returned to online dating, one specialty website, one popular and one dating app. As I browsed the profiles I noticed something about the way men present themselves online. Many of the profiles featured shirtless pictures, a few in the hot tub and some exposing much more. I appreciate the male form, however I realized that I find this willingness of men to objectify themselves as a turn off. I have also received very forward and sometimes aggressive first messages. Online dating to me seemed to have declined to a meat market. I found myself wondering would this man ask such inappropriate questions if his first interaction with a woman was in person?

I committed myself to three months of online dating. It has been difficult not to sink back into the hermit pattern and delete my accounts. I forced myself to continue with the homework and soon had a first date scheduled.

Find out how my date went next time. There is much more to This Single Lady's Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment