Monday, June 16, 2014

This Single Lady's Life 3

This Single Lady's Life Part 3

Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Through my online dating before online dating was cool I met the following young men.

Derek: He was a year younger than me, lived nearby and was funny. I had a car he did not. So the younger version of myself was the taxi for all outings. He lived with his mother and she was very critical of him. Rarely hung out at his place. Then suddenly he was gone. I still have no idea what happened to him.

so I went out with Mario. Again no car. But he had a big smile and a big heart. He was just as geektastic as me. We spent many Saturdays watching the latest movies. We were both shy and neither one of us made a move. Then he moved out of the area. He ran into an ex. They are now happily married. Me, I'm still single. 

That leads me to Ray. He was fresh out of the Navy, he was strong, smart and attractive. When we were in the same room I could barely breath the chemistry was so strong. I didn't know how to express my feelings or how to say I don't want this to end. I went to a cast party for a play that I'd worked on and Suprisingly Ray was there too with a date. This was my first real heart break. How could someone I felt so strongly for do that to me? I kept trying with him until one day he stopped calling. He's married with children and me I'm still single.

Honorable Mentions: Jay a younger guy helped pick up the pieces after Ray. It was fun to be around until he pushed me and kicked me. He thought it was playful. I did not. Tony he would talk to me for hours. We would spend time at the beach. I asked why we never got more serious. He said his girl friends look like Brandy and well I don't. He's engaged and I'm still single.

I've continued to date off and on but have not managed to get past two or three dates with a anyone else.

Remember those negative dating patterns I learned about? Find out what that are in Part 4. Leave me a comment, like and share.

There's more to come in This Single Lady's Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment