Thursday, June 5, 2014

This Single Lady's Life 1


This Single Lady's Life. Part One.


I turned 35 years old this year and celebrated with a few close friends. I felt blessed to have friends and family who love, care, support and encourage me. In the past 7 years I have graduated from university with a Master's Degree in clinical psychology, completed my internship hours, past my boards and obtained my license in marriage and family therapy. I have also begun my own private practice while accepting a promotion at the community services agency where I work. I've worked hard at achieving my goals and turning dreams into reality. This has been true in all areas of my life except for one. Finding the one.

I was a child who always loved working with younger children. I adored my nieces who I babysat regularly. I knew that I wanted to grow up and have children of my own one day. The big wedding, the groom I wasn't so sure about but babies yes. So this year it hit me. I'm single, I have no children. Why? I value having a family, I've always wanted children. What should I do about this dilemma?

A colleague suggested that I read a self help book she highly recommends. After saying what do I have to lose I downloaded the book. I discovered that the book is more of a Love Course. First I needed to look back and discovering my dating patterns. Want to know what I discovered? Stay tuned.

Have questions for me? Leave me a comment or a question and let me know what you think. Don't forget to check back soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment